Stearic acid is one of the most common and versatile long-chain fatty acids and comes in a variety of grades and forms. It can be either veg or tallow based. All stearic acids offered by 18c, Acme-Hardesty's online store
are veg based. The C18 content of our TPSA Flake is 42 to 47%. If you need a higher grade product, check out our 90 stearic acid.
What Is Triple Pressed Stearic Acid?
Triple pressed stearic acid is a commercial grade of stearic acid that has been refined to remove certain compounds and impurities. It has a higher quality than double pressed stearic acid. It's found in vegetable
oils and fats and looks like white wax. Triple pressed stearic acid is available in flake, bead and powder forms. It's popular for its benefits of being a surfactant, thickener and emulsifier.
Uses & Applications of Triple Pressed Stearic Acid
Our triple pressed stearic acid uses include the manufacture of:
- Candles: Many fatty acids, including triple pressed stearic acid, are used in the art of candle-making, which helps the wax harden and keeps the candle shape.
- Cosmetics: Stearic acid's stabilizing quality makes foundation and concealer consistent in application.
- Buffing compounds: Triple pressed stearic acid acts as a binder and thickener.
- Creams and lotions: Triple pressed stearic acid is an emulsifier, so it helps with the stability of creams and lotions.
- Detergents and liquid or dry soaps: Triple pressed stearic acid is the base stock for these products — a surfactant to wash away dirt and oil.
- Shaving cream: Triple pressed stearic acid keeps the shaving cream ingredients together and locks moisture into the skin.
- Body wash: In soap bars, triple pressed stearic acid works to stabilize, harden and bind the product. As a surfactant, it also helps wash off dirt and oil.
- Hair care: As an emulsifier, triple pressed stearic acid will help keep the water and oil components of hair products together.
- Fragrances: Triple pressed stearic acid is a common ingredient in perfumes.
- Fabrics and textiles: The acid strengthens yarn and is a softener in textile sizing when combined with castor oil.
- Lubricant: Triple pressed stearic acid is a release agent for injection molding and pressing ceramic powders. It can also be a thickener in greases.
- Food: Triple pressed stearic acid can create a coating on fresh citrus fruits, be a basis in chewing gum and harden candies.
Benefits of Triple Pressed Stearic Acid
Using triple pressed stearic acid will provide many benefits. It:
- Softens skin: It draws moisture into the skin, keeping it hydrated and soft.
- Protects the skin barrier: Triple pressed stearic acid will restore any weaknesses in the skin barrier and reduce water loss.
- Provides lather: This ingredient lathers well in soaps and body washes.
- Adds a pearl quality: Triple pressed stearic acid brings a pearl look to lotions and creams. Stearic acid esters, along with ethylene glycol, glycol stearate and glycol distearate can also create a pearl quality in shampoos and soaps.
- Stabilizes formulas: In products that have a mixture of oil and water, triple pressed stearic acid will help prevent particles from separating so that the formula is cohesive.
- Thickens and hardens products: Triple pressed stearic acid makes product formulas hard and thick, so they can retain their shape.
Packaging & Shelf Life of Triple Pressed Stearic Acid
To get the best use out of your product, follow the guidelines for packaging and storing it. Triple pressed stearic acid needs to be stored in a place that is dry, cool and well-ventilated,
away from any source of heat and direct sunlight. It should be kept in a sealable container. Close the container when you're not using the product.
When it's stored in the right conditions, triple pressed stearic acid has a shelf life of two years from the date of manufacture.
How to Dispose of Triple Pressed Stearic Acid
If you spill the container of triple pressed stearic acid, be sure to contain and collect the substance immediately. Before handling the product, wear proper personal protective equipment, like gloves
and goggles. Dispose of the triple pressed stearic acid according to your local, regional, national and international regulations.
Trust 18c by Acme-Hardesty as Your Triple Pressed Stearic Acid Supplier
18c, a division of Acme-Hardesty, has only the best raw products for your candle-making, soap-making and more. Whether you're with a small boutique or niche business, we have
what you need to make quality products.
Buy triple pressed stearic acid in our secure online store today. We offer 50-pound bags of the product in flake form at FGK grade. If you have any questions about our products or pricing, reach out to us by filling out our online contact form.