INCI Name: Copaifera species resin oils
- CAS #: 8001-61-4
- About: Copaiba oil is obtained by the steaming distillation process of Copaiba balm. The final product is lighter compound, free from crude resin. It is a well-known product because of its therapeutic expectorant and aphrodisiac action.
- Properties: This oil is widely used in Brazil known for its anti-inflammatory action. Copaiba oil is effective in both the upper (respiratory) and lower (urinary) pathways providing healing power as an anti-inflammatory.
- Uses & Applications: Copaiba oil can be used in the manufacture of bath and intimate soaps, creams and bath foams, moisturizing lotions, masks, facial lotions and in hair care products that soften and treat the hair.
- Quality Differential - Product 100% Natural: This product is not submitted to the refining stage during the obtaining process. It would be at this stage that they would be exposed to high temperatures in order to be neutralized, clarified and deodorized. However, this type of technique degrades several biomolecules of high nutritional value that are naturally present in oils and butters. These include vitamins, responsible for benefits like antioxidant power, and thermo sensitive carotenoids, which maintain the health of the skin. The fruits are selected at the natural maturation time preserving their compounds and do not undergo thermal stress refining, guaranteeing their properties.
- Product 100% Pure: Citróleo, our trusted supplier of this product, does not perform any kind of blend or alteration of the oils and butters it produces. Thus, the plant products offered maintain their natural aspects, like characteristic, color and odor.