Glycerine, glycerin and glycerol are synonyms for one of the most versatile and safest chemicals available. Pick up any cosmetic, OTC medicine or personal care product, and chances are extremely high that you will find glycerine as an ingredient. The glycerine in 18c, Acme-Hardesty's online store, is veg based, sourced from palm and manufactured by KLK.
What Is Glycerine?
Glycerine is a natural compound that comes from vegetable oils and animal fats. It's a colorless, viscous liquid that has a characteristic scent and a sweet flavor. It continues to be a common ingredient in skincare products because of its amazing ability to draw moisture to the skin.
Glycerine Uses & Applications
Glycerine is one of the most popular ingredients in personal care products. It's commonly used in:
- Moisturizer and lotion
- Facial cleanser
- Soap and body wash
- Facial masks
Glycerine is also used in numerous industrial applications, including:
- Lube and grease production: Glycerine is a lubricating agent in both industrial and home products.
- Textile processing: Glycerine is an intermediate, lubricant and dispersant in the production of yarn and fabric.
- Polyurethane manufacturing: Glycerine is an ingredient in flexible polyurethane foams.
- Pharmaceuticals: Glycerine is a hyperosmotic laxative that brings water to the bowels to relieve constipation.
- Food and beverage: In food, glycerine acts as a preservative and sweetening and thickening agent.
Benefits of Glycerine
Glycerine is one of the best skincare ingredients on the market, so it brings great benefits to the product it's in. Glycerine benefits include that it:
- Helps to heal wounds: Glycerine helps to heal skin wounds and can be an effective treatment for skin conditions like psoriasis.
- Strengthens the skin barrier: Glycerine makes the skin barrier stronger to lock in moisture.
- Hydrates the skin: Glycerine is a humectant, so it pulls the water that's deep within your skin and in the air into the outermost layer of your skin.
- Smooths skin: Because glycerine draws in moisture, the skin will look and feel smoother.
- Protects against skin irritants: Glycerine blocks out environmental irritations to protect the skin.
Packaging & Shelf Life of Glycerine
Storing and packaging your glycerine supply will help ensure its quality. Store it in a place that's well-ventilated, dry and cool. When you're not using the glycerine, keep the container sealed shut. Do not store it near strong acids, bases and oxidizers, as glycerine is incompatible with these products. Keep it out of direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. The shelf life of glycerine is two years in drums and one year in bulk — both from the date of manufacture — when the supply is stored according to these directions.
How to Dispose of Glycerine
If you spill your container of glycerine, clean it up immediately and wear the proper protective gear, including safety glasses and gloves. Use an inert material to absorb and contain the glycerine spill. Place this waste in a suitable container.
Dispose of your glycerine supply according to your local, regional, national and international regulations.
Why Choose 18c by Acme-Hardesty as Your Glycerine Supplier?
18c, a division of Acme-Hardesty, is one of the largest distributors of raw materials for soap-making, moisturizers and more. Whether you function as a small boutique or a niche manufacturer, we have just what you need to make the best products. We're committed to providing sustainable, bio-based and affordable solutions for the personal care industry. Buy glycerine online from 18c by Acme-Hardesty. Our glycerine is available in a couple of different grade choices and container sizes, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have about our products or prices. Please fill out the contact form on our website, and we'll be in touch.
1, 2 , 3 - Propanetriol